Scope & Introduction
Information DR Surgery Channel Collects
Over the past twelve months, DR Surgery Channel has gathered the following categories of personal information from the subsequent sources:
Information DR Surgery Channel receives from you:
Registration: When you sign up on the Site and update your account, you furnish us with personal information. This information may encompass your first and last name, geographic location, email address, username, and password.
Form Completion: If you voluntarily fill out forms on our Site, you may also provide us with your personal information.
Purchases & Promotions: When you buy paid products or services or participate in giveaways or sweepstakes on the Site, you might provide us with personal information to process your payment or entry. Please note that we employ a third-party payment processor to handle payments on our behalf, and we do not have access to, store, or collect your payment card details.
User Interactions: Personal information can be exchanged during communications or chats with other users on the Site. You should be aware that other users may contact you through direct messages and comments on the Site. Any messages sent to other users through the Site may not remain private or confidential if either you or the message recipient discloses it to another person or chooses to post it publicly. Furthermore, DR Surgery Channel may monitor these messages and reserve the right not to deliver messages it deems, at its sole discretion, as spam, fraudulent, or in violation of the DR Surgery Channel Terms of Service or Code of Conduct.
Other Interactive Features: When you utilize specific features on the Site, such as submitting reviews, comments, questions, and other posts (“User Contributions”), you provide DR Surgery Channel with your information. It’s essential to understand that your User Contributions are either published or displayed in public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users or third parties. Your username (not your email address) becomes visible to other users when you post User Contributions on the Site. If you use your first or last name as part of your username or your username is searchable on the internet, you are effectively making this personal information publicly available. You should be aware that other users may view this personal information and may potentially identify you. DR Surgery Channel cannot control the actions of other users regarding your User Contributions.
Troubleshooting & Bug Reporting: Personal information might also be provided when you report issues with our Site.
Information DR Surgery Channel collects automatically:
Log File Data: During your usage of the Site, our servers automatically record specific information that your web browser sends each time you visit any website. These server logs may encompass data such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, their sequence, time spent on specific pages, and the date and time of your requests. DR Surgery Channel gathers this information with the intent of enhancing the Site’s functionality.
Web Beacons: In your interactions with the Site, we may utilize third-party web beacons or “clear gifs” to anonymously track how our users engage with the Site. Additionally, we may employ web beacons in HTML-based emails sent to our users to determine which emails are opened by recipients. We utilize web beacons to gauge the effectiveness of our offerings and content.
Location and Device Information: When you access the Site via a mobile device or tablet, we may collect your location information if your device has this feature enabled or if it’s provided through a Device ID or unique identifier. Furthermore, when accessing the Site from your computer, we may be able to obtain general location information linked to your IP address. DR Surgery Channel utilizes this information to present you with content that aligns with your geographic location.
Information DR Surgery Channel receives from other sources:
Social Media Integration: When you link your Facebook or other third-party social media account to your DR Surgery Channel account, please be aware that DR Surgery Channel may receive information about you from these third-party sites. By doing so, you consent to the transfer of this information into your DR Surgery Channel account. The information gathered by DR Surgery Channel from third-party social media sites is limited to your contact details and username, which may vary depending on your privacy settings on those third-party sites. Consequently, it’s advisable to review the privacy policies of these third-party social media sites.
How DR Surgery Channel Uses Information
Retention of Personal Information
Utilization of Information by DR Surgery Channel:
DR Surgery Channel uses the information we collect from you or that you provide to us for various business purposes. We employ your personal information for the following purposes:
- Site Functionality: To provide and enhance our Site’s functionality, track usage, and improve features.
- Customer Support: To offer customer support services, respond to your inquiries, and communicate with you regarding your requests.
- Other Services: To provide additional services as requested by you, like connecting you with other users or healthcare providers on the Site. Please note that messages sent through DR Surgery Channel may be stored for delivery and management purposes.
- Site Improvement: To monitor Site usage, enhance its quality and design, and introduce new features, functionalities, and services.
- Investigation: To investigate illegal activities on the Site or actions that violate our Terms of Service.
- Technical Issues: To detect, prevent, and address technical issues and improve Site security.
- User Contributions: To validate and display user reviews and other content to other users.
- Analysis: To gather analysis and valuable information for improving the Site.
- Customized Advertising: To tailor advertising you see on our Site.
- Promotions: To contact you via email for special promotions or to gather your opinions through surveys or questionnaires.
- Major Site Changes: To notify you via email or your account of significant Site changes.
- Email Marketing: To measure the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- Interactive Features: To enable participation in interactive features on our Site.
- Other Purposes: To fulfill any other purposes for which you provide your information.
With your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time, DR Surgery Channel also uses your personal information for:
- Commercial or Marketing Messages: To send commercial or marketing messages.
- Personalized User Experience: To provide you with a personalized user experience by showing content relevant to your location.
- Customized Advertising on Third-Party Websites: To customize advertising you see on third-party websites.
- Marketing from Third Parties: To provide you with marketing from third parties.
- Other Purposes: For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Information by DR Surgery Channel:
- We may disclose your information to third parties for specific purposes, including:
- Categories of Personal Information Disclosed: In the last twelve months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information: Identifiers, California Customer Records personal information categories, Protected classification characteristics under state or federal law, Internet or other similar network activity, and Geolocation data.
- Categories of Third Parties: We disclose personal information to affiliates, service providers, and third parties authorized by you or your agents for the products or services we provide to you.
- No Selling of Personal Information: We do not sell your personal information.
- Anonymous Aggregated User Data: We may share anonymous aggregated user data (e.g., usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to assist them in understanding usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and functionality on the Site.
- Fulfilling Requests: We use your personal information to fulfill the purpose for which it was requested. For instance, if you submit your information through a healthcare provider’s profile page, we disclose this information to that provider. If you provide your mobile phone number, you may receive text messages. We will state the purpose and terms of collecting such information.
- Third-Party Advertisers: We do not share your personal information, such as your name or email address, with third-party companies for commercial or marketing use without your consent, except as part of specific opt-in/opt-out programs or features.
- Legal Compliance: We may disclose personal information to comply with legal obligations, state and federal laws, court orders, subpoenas, or search warrants. We may also disclose information as part of our investigations into Site use and operations.
- Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy: In case of acquisition, merger, or sale to a third party, we reserve the right to transfer the information collected from you as part of such events. In the unlikely event of bankruptcy or insolvency, we may not control how your information is treated, transferred, or used.
We aim to provide you with control over your personal information. You have rights over your personal information, including the right to access, correct, delete, object to, restrict, and withdraw consent. You also have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information from us. Here are your options:
- Consumer Rights and Access: You can choose not to provide personal information, but this may limit certain services or responses to your requests.
- Access, Changes, & Deletion: You can access, review, and change your personal information through your account on the Site. You may also request access, correction, or deletion by emailing Info@DRSurgeryChannel.com. Note that we may not delete your information except by deleting your user account in some cases.
- DR Surgery Channel Emails: You can opt-out of email marketing or promotions by adjusting your user preferences in your account or emailing Info@DRSurgeryChannel.com. Unsubscribe links are provided in promotional emails.
- Copy of Personal Information: You can request a copy of your personal information by emailing Info@DRSurgeryChannel.com.
- Closing Accounts: You can close your account, and we will disassociate your User Contributions. However, copies of User Contributions may remain in cached or archived pages.
- Account Verification: For certain requests, we may require identity verification before responding.
Advertising and Analytics:
If you don’t want us to use your information for advertisements, analytics, or remarketing services, you may opt-out as described below:
- Google Analytics: You can opt-out of Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- Google AdSense & DoubleClick Cookie: You can opt-out of DoubleClick Cookies for interest-based advertising on Google Ads settings.
- Google AdWords: You can customize Google Ads settings and opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising.
Practice Mutual Respect
DR Surgery Channel hosts diverse discussions. We give community members space to share their opinions, debate issues, and support each other. Even when things get heated, we expect you to show respect for all members of the community.
Avoid Personal Attacks
Negative opinions and disagreements are fine, but it’s not appropriate to use DR Surgery Channel to bully, name-call or insult other community members. Follow the rules of good debating and address the issue, not the person.
Maintain the Security of Your Account
You are responsible for all activity that occurs through your DR Surgery Channel account.
Share Your Own Experience
Use DR Surgery Channel to share your own story and opinions. Don’t post duplicate content, share hearsay or gossip from others, or use the platform to rally support for a campaign or agenda (e.g. lawsuit or group action).
What’s Not Allowed:
Do not post on DR Surgery Channel :
- Medical advice
- Discussions of suicide, violence or self-harm, including self-administering procedures without a license to practice medicine
- Sexual content or unwelcome sexual attention toward others
- Profanity or inappropriate language
- Gratuitous nudity that’s irrelevant to the topic being discussed (e.g., bare breasts in a rhinoplasty review)
- Anything illegal (drug use, criminal activity, extortion, blackmail, threats, harassment, etc.)
- Third-party content, including copyrighted material or text, photos or video copied from another source
- Links to non-DR Surgery Channel web pages
- Contact information
- Anything for which the DR Surgery Channel website is not intended (e.g, spam, donation requests, offers to purchase surgery for another user, or buying and selling any products)
Avoid Conflicts of Interest
Unless otherwise directed, you may only use DR Surgery Channel as a consumer. (Using DR Surgery Channel as a Health Care Provider requires profile approval.)
Do not use DR Surgery Channel to promote your own interests or those of anyone you know, including family, friends, affiliates or employers. This includes both:
- Business interests – You or someone you know stands to gain additional business or money because of something you’ve posted.
- Personal interests – You or someone you know stands to gain an advantage in a medical or personal relationship because of something you’ve posted.
In short, do not post if you or someone you know stands to gain anything from your post.
Code of Conduct for Health Care Providers
In addition to the previously outlined Code of Conduct, Health Care Providers on DR Surgery Channel are expected to adhere to these supplementary guidelines:
- Maintain Professionalism:
Health Care Providers must uphold professionalism at all times while engaging on DR Surgery Channel. Avoid engaging in bullying behavior or posting disparaging comments about community members, fellow Health Care Providers, or DR Surgery Channel.
- Comply with HIPAA:
Do not share any content that violates the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) or other applicable health privacy laws. Always prioritize the privacy and safety of all community members when sharing content.
- Follow Our Photo & Video Guidelines:
Ensure that all photos and videos you upload adhere to our specific guidelines for visual content.
- Conflicts of Interest:
Endorsements: Be transparent about any conflicts of interest, including relationships with brands, products, or research funded by third parties. For instance, if you receive compensation from a brand whose product you endorse, clearly disclose this affiliation in relevant posts.
Reviews: You may not request or receive reviews from individuals with personal or professional biases, such as current or former employees, colleagues, or family members. Additionally, you are not permitted to employ third-party services to collect and post reviews on behalf of community members. If you wish to obtain reviews from consumers who have received treatments or procedures from your practice, consult your doctor advisor regarding the use of Patient Engage.
Ethics: Uphold the mission of DR Surgery Channel, which is to assist consumers in making informed decisions about elective cosmetic procedures. Dishonest practices, including false reviews and manipulation of “helpful votes,” undermine trust and will not be tolerated.
Health Care Providers found in violation of DR Surgery Channel’s HCP Terms of Service, Health Care Provider Code of Conduct, the general Code of Conduct, or the Photo & Video Guidelines may face disciplinary measures. These measures can include the suspension, restriction, or permanent removal of profiles, all at DR Surgery Channel’s discretion.
In the event that one or more geographically non-competitive peers report a Health Care Provider’s posts or behavior on DR Surgery Channel negatively, an audit may be initiated.
DR Surgery Channel reserves the right to conduct routine audits of Health Care Provider profiles to ensure compliance with these guidelines.